I’m not going to say much about the game since the fan made trailer pretty much speaks for itself. I will, however, share the Extended Cube World FAQ from the creator’s blog since it pretty much answers all the questions I had about this game.
Extended Cube World FAQ
Q: When will Cube World be released?
A: I’m currently tuning and fixing everything but I don’t know how long it will take and can’t estimate a release date.
Q: How many persons are working on this game?
A: Just me. I started this as a small hobby project in June 2011.
Q: Can I help with programming, graphics, sound, music etc?
A: Thanks, but I want to do everything by myself.
Q: Which platforms are supported?
A: Currently just Windows PC. Mac support is planned in the future.
Q: Which games inspired you?
– Minecraft: Endless random world made up of blocks
– Zelda, Secret of Mana, Landstalker, Monster Hunter and more: Style, gameplay, overall feel
– Diablo, World of Warcraft: RPG elements
– And many more
Q: Which features do you still want to add?
– Player customization: I’m planning to add player customization whith different faces, hair styles etc.
– Classes: I’m planning to add a mage class next and more classes in the future
– Different playable races
– Quests: A variety of different quests
– Items: Different weapons, armor and other items
– Building: Different blueprints and materials
– Weapon/Armor upgrading system
– Different pets
Q: Is there multiplayer support?
A: Yes, you can do everything in the game cooperatively with friends. I can’t say anything about maximum players per server because it still needs to be optimized and tested.
Q: Will you add mining/building/crafting?
– I’m not planning to add mining or digging.
– House building is supported.
– I will probably add a crafting system that allows you to craft weapons and armor from loot dropped by monsters.
Q: How do you create this game?
A: I’ve programmed everything with C++ and DirectX (OpenGL for the first version). For the voxel sprites, I created my own voxel editor.
Q: Will the final game still be called “Cube World”?
A: Probably not. It’s currently just the project name. I’ll have to come up with a new name soon.
You can read more about the game’s development here as well as updates about what content and features being added at http://wollay.blogspot.com